Junior Golf Association Membership
2018 Membership Registration is OPEN
The Junior Golf Association aims to provide the highest level golf experience for youth golfers of all skill levels. Each level of our TOUR provides golfers the proper course set-up and experience level so that each player can develop and learn at their own pace. We hope to foster a love of the game that will last far beyond the Junior TOUR.
Membership Cost is $80
- JGA Gift package (if registered by June 1);
- Player Profile with statistics on Connecticut Section PGA website;
- JGA Members' Handbook that includes a comprehensive schedule of junior golf activities, PGA Junior Golf TOUR Regulations, and valuable information
- JGA Members who have ACTIVATED their membership will be eligible to earn points for Junior PGA Player of the Year competitions for boys and girls, in the Champions TOUR, Players TOUR and Development TOUR and earn invitations into the Remy Cup Matches and Jack Kelly Tournament of Champions ;
- JGA Members will have a discounted entry fee into the Champions TOUR 36-hole tournaments and the Jack Kelly PGA Junior Tournament of Champions if they become eligible. JGA members will also have access to the Players TOUR and Development TOUR;
- Complimentary entrance into the Travelers Championship on June 19-24, 2018, at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Conn.; and
- Complimentary membership to the CT Golf Clubs for Schools for free USGA/GHIN member number for USGA Handicap services.
Road to College- This seminar will cover the college golf recruiting process, life as a college student athlete, and how you can prepare. A panel of experts including UConn coach Dave Pezzino, Fairfield University Coach Doug Holub and Executive Director of the Connecticut State Golf Association Mike Moraghan will be on hand to discuss these topics and answer questions from the audience. This will take place on May 9 from 5:30-7:30pm at the First Tee of Connecticut in Cromwell, Conn. Please email Tim Paragone at email@example.com to RSVP as space is limited.
Fitness for Golf- This seminar will focus on the proper exercises and flexibility routines to help maximize your golf swing's potential. Titleist Performance Institute trainer Eric LaPointe will be there to demonstrate some of the exercises he uses to train his athletes. PAR BAR founder Gerry Mullally
- Membership PGA Certification: A JGA Member must be Certified by a PGA Professional and return the Membership Certification Form to the Connecticut Section PGA Office via fax, scanned document or mail.
- Obtain USGA/GHIN member number: If you do not already have a GHIN number you must obtain a complimentary USGA/GHIN member number.
Table of Contents1 -
2 - Junior Golf Association Membership
3 - Levels of Play
4 - Junior TOUR Schedule
5 - Ranked Tournaments
6 - Connecticut Junior PGA Championship
8 - PGA Pro-Junior
9 - Jack Kelly Tournament of Champions
10 - Jack Kelly Junior Golf Sportsmanship Awards
11 - Player of the Year
12 - The Remy Cup Matches
13 - Member Resources
14 - Fundraising
15 - Allied Golf Associations & Sanctioned Junior Events
Lyman Orchards Junior Open
Gertsen, Lapple Earn First Champions TOUR Victories
Middlefield, CONN. (July 3, 2018)—On the first two hot summer days of the season, the Connecticut Section PGA Junior TOUR rolled into Lyman Orchards Golf Club for two days of competition. Utilizing both the Jones Course and the Players Course, 150 juniors fought tough in the excruciating heat.
After shooting a +6 (78) a couple weeks prior to qualify for the US Girls Junior Amateur Championship, Alexsandra Lapple of Ridgefield, Conn. continued her great playing to capture the 2018 Lyman Orchards Junior Open in the Girls Champions TOUR division. Lapple lead both rounds after shooting +2 (74) in round one and finishing strong with a +2 (73) in round two on the Player Course.
Lapple will continue her summer of golf with the New England Women’s Golf Association Championship next week before heading to California for the US Girls Jr Amateur Championship.
Tiffany Wu of China finished a close second place shooting +5 (76-72-148).
In the boys division, Mark Gertsen of New Canaan, Conn. came from behind to capture the Boys Champions TOUR division shooting +6 (74-75-149) for the tournament. Gertsen trailed Luke Carroll by one stroke heading into the final round, but was able to continue his consistent play on route to victory.
There was a three way tie for second play with Jake Antinelli, Luke Carroll, and Jonathan Farrell all finishing +8 (151).